Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Sound: What Can I Hear ?


Sound: What can I hear?

Team 5’s Inquiry focus this term is about Physics and the Science of ‘Sound’.

This week you are going to write an explanation about the different types of sounds that you can hear in your environment.

Think about the sounds that surround you - at home, at school, outside.

What types of sounds can you hear? Where do they come from? Use the table to help you organise your ideas:


Home
School
Outside
Other
What types of sounds can you hear?
e.g. phone ringing
e.g. people talking
e.g. children laughing
e.g. cars whizzing past
Which sounds do you like listening to? Why?
Kpop because I love Korean music.
Friends talking about fun things because it makes me laugh and make my day better.  
Balls bouncing everywhere because it’s really cool to hear at school.
My siblings voices because it makes me quite and my mum and dad doesn’t call my name.
Why sounds are annoying? Why?
Dad and mum calling out my name because they call it at the wrong time.
Teachers growling off students because they shout really loud and it’s annoying.
Students fighting one another because our school should be a family not enemies.
Dogs barking because it really annoys me and it barks when I go to bed.

Finally, think about what your world would be like if you didn’t have sound. What would it be like if you couldn’t hear a single thing, or if you had to live in absolute silence? What do you think it would be like?

My world with no sound will be boring and sad because we can’t listen to other peoples voices and also we can’t listen to something that can make us laugh when we’re feeling down. If we didn’t have sound it wouldn’t help us learn because we need to hear the person that is teaching us new stuff.

I think when my world had to live absolute silence it would be alot different than hearing things. Because we are use to hearings things but when we get deff it would be boring and not a good thing to have. That is what I think my world would be like with absolute silent.

My world with sound is so fun and a blessing that God has provided us to have. Hearing different sounds every now and then but the main thing about hearing stuff is amazing because you hear different sounds at home, school and other places you go. That how I think my life would be like with absolute silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment