Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Cross Country .

Cross Country. 11/09/2014

I had butterflies and was very nervous because we had cross country.

Thursday 11th September was the date that we had our school cross country. At 12:00pm we had our lunch time because our cross country started at 1:00pm. As soon as we all got the courts, we got ready for the first race to start. The year 1 boys starting first. Before they lined up to race, we had our house captains do their team chants, and Mr Burt did a prayer. Mr Burt prayed to bless and protect us as we’re running, and prayed that we have no accidents while our event is happening.

“BANG!” Mr Burt started the first year 1 boys race. All the little boys started running, while everyone else was cheering and screaming. When the year 1 boys nearly finished their race the year 1 girls started. Lining up to start their race all the year 7 and 8 girls and boys got up to move to a place where we could see. This is because all the supporters and parents were standing in our way. When we got to the bottom field, we saw all the little kids running past with a big smile on their faces.

As we were sitting we were all making noise and cheering for our house colours as they ran past us. It was finally the year 7 boys turn to get started with their race. When they were going to the starting line we all had butterflies and were getting nervous because we knew it was nearly our turn. When the year 7 boys finished their first lap it was the year 5 girls turn to race, while the year 7 girls lined up all the year 8 boys were nervous.

“Year 8 girls please line up in one line, quickly. HURRY UP!” Mrs Nua said with a grumpy voice, while everyone was looking for their running partner. Standing at the starting line, watching some of the senior boys running past us, waiting for our time to run.  It was finally the year 8 girls time to run and it was also the last race of the day.

When our race started most of the girls were screaming and trying their best but when we got out of the gate most of them started walking. Running with my close friend Asena V then we stopped by Mele because she felt very sick. When we stopped and asked for help, Mele told us to run so I did but Asena decided to stay with her until she had one of our teachers come get her. Huffing and puffing while I was running nearly on my second lap I could see Asena on the other side of the field. I was thinking of going back to run with her but it was too far away so I kept running until I saw Mr Barks, Mr Somerville and Mrs Va’afusuaga.

On my second lap it was a really good lap because it felt short and I had some laughters while running. It felt weird because when I was laughing no one was there but myself.

That was how our school cross country day went. I really enjoyed running and having to try my best at all time when fitness. After our run I felt tired and exhausted but we were just glad it was over because we run everyday for training.   

No comments:

Post a Comment